Scheme For Her Empowerment
The program Scheme for Her Empowerment in Engineering education (SHE) is initiated at GCE Kannur, which was the change project undertaken under AICTE-UKIERI scheme. The department aims to extend the scheme to all Engineering colleges and Polytechnic colleges under DTE. SHE was inaugurated in MTI by our new principal Smt. L. Minimol on 4th November 2022. State level inauguration of SHE was done by Honourable Higher education Minister Dr. Bindu .R at Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur.
The SHE program proposes to enable our girl students to realize how much potential and support they require to be great leaders in technical fields
VISION: TO CREATE PROFESSIONALLY SUCCESSFUL AND PERSONALLY FULFILLED WOMEN ENGINEERS.
Structure of SHE MTI
SHE Coordinator :-Smt .Riya Aloysius, Lecturer in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Activities of SHE MTI
- Food fest :- was organized by SHE on the occasion of freshers day of first years on 15 November 2022.
- Seminar:- SHE and Women cell MTI together organized a seminar on 8/12/2022 , by Adv.Vineetha Thambi, Legal councellor, Women and Child Development Department. This programme was conducted as the part of ‘World Wide Campaign for the elimination of violence against women declared from Nov25th to Dec 10th. Many relevant topics such as
- Gender equality
- Child marriage
- Love & Superstitions
- Dowry & Home violence act etc were covered in the seminar.
Girls got the opportunity to know about many aspects of above topics.
- Seminar:- On International Women’s Day 2023, SHE and Womencell MTI organized a seminar on topic ‘ Mental health of adolescents’ by Nesy T.R Consultant Psychologist of Govt. District hospital ,Ernakulam
- Flash mob :- On International Women’s Day by SHE members.
- Gardening:- Planting of plant saplings in our instituition garden on Women’s Day 2023.